One love, one faith, one hope: Jesus Christ. Message of the JMJAR 2011
We the Augustinian Recolect Youth gathered in Madrid, Spain, during the WYD XXVI want to express our wishes and ideals in order to share them with all the Augustinian Recolect family and with all the youth in the world.
We have travelled from Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, Republica Dominicana, Spain, the United States, The Phillipines, Guatemala, Haiti, Mexico, Panama and Venezuela. After having shared our realities, stories, cultures, celebrations, Eucharists, games, workshops, and the main events with our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI, here is, flourishing from our hearts, the fruit of this experience.
We believe that…
- In order to live our charisma as RAY with authenticity, we have to make a strong choice and root it in the way of life of St. Augustine, having the three fundamental pillars as our foundations: INTERNAL LIFE, COMMUNITY, AND APOSTOLIC WORK.
- If we want our Augustinian Recolect spirituality to be geniune, edifying, and commited, it must be present in all the aspects of our daily lives. We must be an example of coherence between FAITH and LIFE, rejecting mediocrity.
- In order to achieve our objectives as Augustinian Recolect Communities, it is essential to have the support and be accompanied by our religious advisors. It is also important to train leaders capable of maintaining our way of life.
At the same time, we are conscious of…
- The richness of working with the same RAY project within all the provinces, which joins us as brothers who speak the same language and are sure that they walk together no matter their language and culture.
- The fact that the political propaganda tries to devalue the Catholic message and tradition. However, we are, and we want to continue being, testimonies of the living Christ among us, standing out in the world as salt of the earth and light of the world.
- The privilege and the grace that the RAY gatherings are as a place for communion and communal growth, having the RAY project as a priority in all the communities where the youth are, affirming the example of St. Augustine as one soul and one heart walking towards God.
This friendship we have started here will remain in the deepest of our hearts. Memories of laughter, good moments, and adventures will make us stronger as a youth movement. And the same will happen to our faith in the same almighty God who blesses us every day and is present among us.
We are all chosen to live loving the others, and to love is to give life, sacrifice, commitment, testimony, vocation…it is being radical for Christ. That the words of John Paul II may sound in us: ‘Don’t be afraid’, as God sees in all of us what we haven’t seen yet. He has all his hope in us, Christ is the carpenter, and we are the tools he uses to spread his message of salvation.
You, as Augustinian Recolect Youth, are the protagonist chosen by Jesus Christ to write the new page in the history of your community, without any doubts and barriers. It depends on you to incarnate the unique and wonderful experiences of faith shared with Christ and Mary in these days. Today, your very own mission, which is not transferable, is to bring light to your community, to change your reality, to renew your commitment and to bring back to life what indifference and tiredness may have destroyed in the youth. United as one youth in one love, one faith, one hope: Jesus Christ.
Young, God calls you, love and do whatever you want.
Augustinian Recolect Youth Leaders’ Commission.