Lay men and women committed to the Gospel
The Secular Augustinian Recollect Fraternity is present in 15 nations. Currently, it is made up of 111 local fraternities with 3450 members who live their faith in the world with the desire to attain one mind and heart directed toward God.
What is the Augustinian Recollect Fraternity?
— It is a call to live Christian holiness within the context of their secular life the charism of the Augustinian Recollection.
— It is a living cell with its own personality and through which the members, moved by the Holy Spirit, place themselves at the service of the Church.
— It is part of the Augustinian Recollect Family which collaborates with the religious in the work of evangelization, and in the promotion of vocations and the charism of the Order while, at the same time, participating in the spiritual benefits of the Order.
— It is a community of brothers and sisters living the same Rule of Life and Statutes approved by the Church.
Some characteristics of the spirituality of the lay Augustinian Recollects
– Union with Christ through the action of the Holy Spirit.
– Priority and dynamic of love.
– Reading of Sacred Scripture, sacramental life and prayer.
– An attitude of interiority and conversion.
– Reference to the teachings of St. Augustine, the charism and history of the Order.
– Humility and an attitude of gratitude and self-denial.
– Filial devotion to Mary, Mother of Consolation.
– Communion with the Church and commitment to its evangelizing mission.
– Search for holiness in family life, work and social activities.
– Promotion of peace, justice, companionship and solidarity.
– Fraternal life among the members of the group.
– Friendship, trust, fidelity, sincerity and mutual understanding.
– Promote knowledge of the saints of the Order.
What do they do?
– Inspire daily life from the perspective of faith and love.
– Live personal and liturgical pray.
– Adopt a process of process of spiritual life and permanent formation.
– Live family life with joy.
– Participate in meetings (prayer, formation, fraternal life, mission).
– Celebrate the feasts of the Order and spiritual retreats.
– Offer spiritual assistance and fraternal contact to the community of religious.
– Collaborate, according to their ability, in the apostolic and social activities of the Order.
St. Magdalene of Nagasaki (1611-1634)
This young Japanese woman collaborated with Francisco de Jesus and Vicente of St. Anthony in the evangelization of Nagasaki. After the martyrdom of these missionaries, she encouraged the persecuted Christians of Nagasaki to remain faithful to the faith. The judges did not succeed in convincing the future saint to abandon the faith nor did she succumb to the tortures with which she was punished. During torture, she invoked Jesus and Mary and sang hymns to the Lord. Her martyrdom had a great effect among the Christians of Nagasaki and many commended themselves to her intercession. She was canonized by Pope John Paul II on the 18th of October, 1987. She is venerated as the patron of the Augustinian Recollect Fraternities.
SEPTEMBER 2008. WORLD. The secular fraternity strengthens national gatherings during the Year of Vocations
Regla de vida Autor: Fraternidad Agustino Recoleta (167.69 Kb)
Directions for establishing Augustinian Recollect Fraternities Autor: OAR (148 Kb)
Vivencia de la espiritualidad agustino-recoleta laical Autor: Miguel Miró (113 Kb)
Constitutive Elements of the Secular Fraternities Autor: OAR (89 Kb)
Proposed formative plan for the Secular Fraternities Autor: OAR (138 Kb)
Prayers in three languages Autor: OAR (165 Kb)
A history of the Third Order secular Fraternity Autor: OAR (65 Kb)
SEPTEMBER 2008. SPAIN Members of the Third Order from Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela